Asia's Dynamic MICE Venue
Opened in 2014, Kaohsiung Exhibition Center (KEC) is the first multifunctional waterfront venue for exhibitions, international conferences, association meetings, banquets, concerts, product launches as well as outdoor events in Taiwan. This central government investment has accelerated the development of the MICE industry in the midst of the important markets and industrial clusters of South Taiwan. Pent up demand for a venue of this type and size has been overwhelming! The venue has been a game-changer for the city, at the center of the New Bay Area, and a magnet for economic activity.
Thanks to strong investment in its New Bay Area, Kaohsiung, Taiwan’s 2nd largest city and premier trading port, is rapidly transforming into a vital city destination in a delightful subtropical setting, making it a fantastic choice for combining business and leisure in Asia. It is easily reachable with direct flights from over 40 Asian cities and high speed rail from North Taiwan: 1 hour and 30 minutes from Taipei!
An iconic green building with the latest meeting technology, managed by Taiwan’s MICE industry leader and its international, customer-oriented service team, is the ideal venue for a trouble-free and successful event.
With over 25,000 m2 of indoor and outdoor exhibition space and large variety of conference rooms accommodating between 20 to 2,000 people, with a capacity of up to 4,000 attendees at one time, KEC is the premier multi-purpose venue in Taiwan, ideal for hybrid events.
KEC: An experience that will exceed your expectations!
- 2011–The 19th Taiwan Architectural Gold-Stone Award (Public Construction/Planning – 1st Prize)
- 2012–Country Construction Excellence Award (Best Planning Award - Excellent)
- 2013–Livable Communities Award (Construction Project- Gold)
- 2013–The 21st Architecture Yuan-ye Award (Public Buildings - Landscape Category)
- 2014–Taiwan Construction Excellence Award (Best Construction Quality Class - Excellent)
- 2014–Fine Engineering Awards
- 2014–Taiwan Excellent Green Buildings
- 2014–Kaohsiung Friendly Building / Kaohsiung City Government Award
- 2014–Kaohsiung Certification of Accessible and Friendly Environment
- 2014–Interior Ministry (Taiwan) approved- Friendly Performance Venue
- 2015–ISO/CNS 14064-1 Certification
- 2015–The 13th Outstanding Operate-Transfer Award – Good
- 2015–National Architecture Prize – Gold Metal
- 2016–ISO 20121 Certification
- 2018- AFECA Outstanding Venue Award 3rd Place
- 2019-Indoor Air Quality Evaluation by Kaohsiung Environmental Protection Bureau-Excellent