Kaohsiung Exhibition Center is the first international exhibition and congress venue on the waterfront in Taiwan. Since April 2014, we have been offering our best services to event organizers, exhibitors and visitors based on our operational guidelines of: safety, comfort, convenience, eco-friendliness, customer-orientation.
In 2016, KEC is also the first venue in South Taiwan to be granted ISO 20121 certification. ISO 20121 is the internationally recognized Event Sustainability Management System, which KEC has successfully implemented through the sponsorship of MEET Taiwan’s Green MICE Industry Pilot Project, led by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
Kaohsiung Exhibition Center will put ISO 20121 into practice, and thereby influence event organizers, visitors and exhibitors through experience sharing, continuing to lead the development of the MICE industry in South Taiwan.
Mr. Stephen Pao (1st on left), Sr. Assistant to Director of SGS, granted the ISO 20121 Certification to Mr. Michael Tu, Chairman of Kaohsiung Exhibition Center (on right). Delighted to have Deputy Director-General of Kaohsiung City Government Economic Development Bureau Mr. Jason Cheng and Director of Kaohsiung Office, Bureau of Foreign Trade, Mr. Kwo-Shing Lai, as witnesses.
Event sustainability management system policy and commitments
KECC aims to fulfill ISO 20121 (Event Sustainability Management System) regulation and commitments which are established based on integrity, tolerance, transparency, the responsibility of sustainable management and experiences sharing, hoping to maximize the benefits of sustainability development.
KECC General Manager
Since it started operations, KEC has won a number of important local and international awards in a variety of areas:
- 2011–The 19th Taiwan Architectural Gold-Stone Award (Public Construction/Planning – 1st Prize)
- 2012–Country Construction Excellence Award (Best Planning Award - Excellent)
- 2013–Livable Communities Award (Construction Project- Gold)rd
- 2013–The 21st Architecture Yuan-ye Award (Public Buildings - Landscape Category)
- 2014–Taiwan Construction Excellence Award (Best Construction Quality Class - Excellent)
- 2014–Fine Engineering Awards
- 2014–Taiwan Excellent Green Buildings
- 2014–Kaohsiung Friendly Building / Kaohsiung City Government Award
- 2014–Kaohsiung Certification of Accessible and Friendly Environment
- 2014–Interior Ministry (Taiwan) approved- Friendly Performance Venue
- 2015–ISO/CNS 14064-1 Certification
- 2015–The 13th Outstanding Operate-Transfer Award – Good
- 2015–National Architecture Prize – Gold Metal
- 2016–ISO 20121 Certification
- 2018-AFECA Outstanding Venue Award 3rd Place
…and we keep trying for more, to promote KEC, Kaohsiung and Taiwan!